…have I been?
Goodness. It’s been a minute since I’ve posted and really, I have no good excuse as to why I haven’t.
Moving right along…
A LOT has been going on in my life and I’ll update you,
- On March 16thI became unemployed
- Lawdhammercy! I haven’t really searched for a job in years.
- Note to self:
- Network, network, network
- Always have a business card handy
- Always keep interview skills sharpened
- …And the resume
- Salary history, too
- Make sure you have an interview suit
- …That fits!
- On March 23rdmy cousin had her baby and I feel like a new mommy.
- Who knew that I could love someone else’s baby so much?
- The cooing and drooling and sweet-baby-smelling goodness is intoxicating.
- With all that said, this new baby has re-confirmed some things:
- I don’t want to birth any more children…
- Fractured sleep and walking around like a zombie...Packing a baby bag...Re-arranging my semi-carefree schedule...And, did I say, fractured sleep?
- No, thank you!
- During my stint with unemployment, I actually had an opportunity to “relax…relate…release.”
- Yes, bills were piling up while my cash was depleting but it was the most peaceful time that I’ve experienced in a while.
- Odd, huh?
- Ten weeks after ending a job, I started another as a contract employee. I couldn’t be happier.
- Awesome working environment – check
- Wonderful staff – check
- Less than 15 minute commute – check
- Prayers to God that this becomes a permanent position – double check!
- I went camping!
- I love it!
- I’ve witnessed, first hand, the power of the internet and how you can form strong, solid friendships
- By the way, my friends totally rock!
SUBCRIBE TO ME AT http://www.lisaisforlove.com/ for new blog posts!
It ain’t prettied up exactly how I want it to be, but it is a work in progress.
What’s been going on in y’alls’ world? Don't tell me here, tell me over there :-)