Friday, October 21, 2011

September/October Hair Update: Look at Me, Baby!

Not much new is happening on the hair front.

However, I have allowed my love for a nicely stocked beauty supply store reignite my product junkie tendencies. I’ve purchased a lot of new stuff over the summer… just because. I don’t need anything new to make my hair act right, I’m just enticed by all of those bottles lined up all pretty-like. I could stay in a good beauty supply store for hours. Plus, if I hear or read about something that has worked for someone else, I feel I have to try it. It’s such a sickness.

By the way, can anyone tell me where I can get that Queen Helene Royal Curl, Curl Shaping Creme on the ground in the DMV area? I have got to try that stuff and won’t be completely satisfied on the product front until I find it. Again, a sickness, but it’s just $5! How could I not buy that?

A couple of products that I purchased that I absolutely love, you ask?
  • Miss Jessie’s Super Sweetback Treatment in the sample size, of course. A good deep conditioner is hard to come by, in my opinion and this one did not disappoint.  My tangles melted away as soon as the deliciously fragrant product touched my tangled strands.  And the comb slid through my knotted tresses like softened butter on warm toast.  A bit dramatical?  Yes, but I loved it and can’t wait for their Buy One, Get One sale that they usually have in December. The sale is the only way that I’ll purchase that stuff because it runs $48 for 16oz. No ma’am, not at $3 an ounce! Even I have a limit. You should have seen me scouring the bottom of the shower for little globs that had fallen when I used it. Yes I did scrape it up and put it on my head. #noshame 
  • Avlon KeraCare Creme Press has also been a nice addition for when I blow dry my hair for a dry twist out. I don't recall spending as much as this link states. It doesn’t leave my hair feeling sticky or greasy and it blends well with whatever product I use to twist my hair. No buildup, no flakes. 
One thing I did discover over the past couple of months is “baby hair”. I chuckle as I type this. I never had baby hair. If I did, it was surely fried off by the chemical processing back in the days of le perm. I saw the hairs one day when I was styling and got nervous because I thought it was breakage. But I knew better because I don't stress my hair line.

So I snapped a picture of my babies. And every morning I am tempted to slap some gel on them and slick 'em down on my forehead and make little squiggly lines. LOL, I kid. But it would be funny.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I can totally relate to the pretty bottles all lined up! That is me to a T.

    ReplyDelete

What would you love to say?