Thursday, January 13, 2011

Conference Cuisine


 I attended a conference this week and I was quite impressed with the food offerings. 

But I need some clarification for one of the meals.  I know that event menus usually have a theme, like BBQ or Asian or Italian, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what day #2’s lunch was.


I’m going to list some foods in the order that they were placed on the buffet table:


Salad (romaine lettuce and mixed greens)
Salad fixings: pistachios, golden raisins, pear slices, avocado
Salad dressing: Champagne vinaigrette (that could not be shaken to mix the flavors)
Mixed salad with pears and pieces of chicken (I think)
Flatbread w/roasted peppers
Polenta squares with a sun dried tomato on top
Bruschetta with beef tenderloin pieces
Roasted asparagus
Quinoa with roasted peppers (served in a martini glass)
Gazpacho (served in a shot glass)
And…
Deviled eggs

Oh, and the plate we were given to place our food on?  A square, blue translucent plate that was at least 14” x 14”.

Am I missing something here or is that one random display of offerings?

Have you ever had an odd conference lunch?

2 comments:

  1. Da hell kind of random azz spread was that? The had the salad variety thing for a minute, but then that stopped. Then I was thinking maybe a little Mediterranean like small plates, but then, no. Yeah, I'm at a lost. I think that was a "clean the kitchen" buffet spread. This offends me as an event planner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mrstdj LOL. I joked with other attendees that in the morning someone said, "Sh*t, we forgot about the lunch...what can we throw together?"

    ReplyDelete

What would you love to say?