Monday, January 3, 2011

A Revelation

Dear God:


First, thanks for seeing fit to allow me to be in the land of the living one more day.


2010 was an odd year. It flew by quickly and as I look back on it, I can’t say it was fabulous. It had its positive and happy moments but it also had a bunch of negatives and sad moments. When I reflect on the year, the things that immediately come to mind are anxiety, sadness, worry and stress. I’m pretty sure I experienced at least one real anxiety attack, epic amounts of stress and if I had had enough courage to go to a doctor, I’m certain I would have been diagnosed with depression. It was a rough year.


But…I made it! And I know for certain it was because of you that I did. I may not have had good sense enough to acknowledge it (or thank you profusely), but it was certainly you that got me through. Of course there were a few key people that you put in my life that I could vent and cry to, but it was you that placed those people in my life. You saw fit to take care of me in spite of myself and it was because of your providence that I have to say that 2010 was ultimately, a blessing. Thank you again!


Now on to 2011…


I’m 3 days in and I must say that some of the stressors and problems that were in 2010 are still with me in the New Year. But that’s OK. You didn’t promise a stressor free life, but you did promise that you’d help:


I Corinthians 10:13 (The Message Bible)

No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it.


Because of your word, I declare:


· I will not allow stressors to dictate my performance at home, at work or in my relationships.

· I will take deliberate steps to reduce and/or eliminate the stressors that are in my life.

· I will CONFRONT all problems and not pretend that they will magically take care of themselves.

· I will be accountable and honor my commitments.

· I will not be anxious, stressed to the limit or allow worry to debilitate me.

· I will continue to remind myself that “No” is a complete sentence.

· I will set goals and work towards accomplishing accomplish them.

· I will not stray from my 2011 plan


These are not my resolutions, but this is my revelation.


God, you know the desires of my heart and I’m going to trust and believe that if I put in the work on the above I won’t have to pray for tangible/material things because that will be the fruit of my labor.


Here’s to a fab New Year!


The best is yet to come…


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you love to say?